United Nations Jobs in Nigeria 2020 – Here is a recruitment guide for a career at the UN in Nigeria. This guide highlights trending vacancies and how to apply.
Ongoing NGO Jobs November 2020
About United Nations
The United Nations is an intergovernmental organisation and a major player in International relations.
The formulation of the United Nations came into existence after the second world war with the motive of prevent another world war.
The functions of the United nation could be grouped via different organs used to further its aims.
The main function of the UN can be summarised as maintaining international peace and stability.
The United Nations touches different countries and territories via policies formulated to further international peace and maintain stability across borders.
United Nations Core Values – Integrity, respect for diversity and professionalism
United Nations Jobs in Nigeria
The UN embraces diversity and is open to recruiting individuals irrespective of their race or colour, ethnicity or geographic location.
The below listed jobs also feature different organisations and international bodies linked with the United Nations.
- Programme Policy Officer / Partnership, Abuja, Nigeria (WTP)
- Procurement Officer, Nigeria (Plan International)
- Warehouse Officer, Nigeria (Plan International)
- Security Officer, Pulka, Nigeria
- MEAL Officer (National Position), Maiduguri, Nigeria (Save the Children)
- Safety and Security Manager – Readvertised, Maiduguri, Nigeria (IRC)
- Programme / Administrative Assistant, Lagos, Nigeria (UNFPA)
- Security Manager, Abuja, Nigeria (FHI)
United Nations Career Requirements
We have outlined some new requirements associated with some United Nations jobs across different departments.
- No Criminal Records – You must have no criminal record prior to your application for any United Nations job in Nigeria.
- Valid Means of Identification – You must possess a valid means of identification when applying for any UN jobs.
- Valid Documents – All your academic credentials must be genuine and valid as at the time of application.
- Experience – Depending on the position you are applying for, experience is definitely a necessity. This is well documented in the vacancy page. Some could require up to 5years of active experience.
- Mobility – Willingness to move around and travel often and be willing to leave your location on a permanent basis.
How to apply for United Nations Jobs?
All United Nations jobs in Nigeria are to be channel through the official UN job portal application page.
Below is a simplified guide on how to apply for UN jobs.
- Visit the official United Nations Career portal for Nigeria at https://unjobs.org/duty_stations/nigeria
- Go to the list of available jobs and select your preference.
- Browse through the requirements and deadlines.
- Apply and submit your details as applicable.
What is the United Nations Salary Scale 2020?
The United Nations Salary scale for November 2020 varies.
For Professional and higher categories, it could range between a Net/Gross $35,000 to $198,000.
For field services, interpreters and translators (short term) could make between $35,000 to $90,000.
This is determined by the position and category of job placement.
Files under NGO Jobs in Nigeria